Viewer Comments: Thyroid Problems - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Problems:

Thyroid Problems - Treatment

What was the treatment for your thyroid problems?

Comment from: jolly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I have had a under-active thyroid for 24 years. I have been feeling terrible for 8 months, but doctors never put it down too my thyroid. It is not a good feeling. I'm always tired. I can't be bothered with anything like housework or going out. I have put on so much weight. My hair is very dry. I'm so snappy and I suffer bad memory loss. My doctor upped my amytriptolene, which helps me to sleep, but doesn't help my problem. I feel like a zombie. I just had my blood results back which are abnormal.

Must Read Articles Related to Thyroid Problems

Hashimoto's Disease
Hashimoto's Disease Hashimoto's disease (also referred to as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, chronic autoimmune thyroiditis, or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis) is a disease affecting the...learn more >>
Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism Hyperthyroidism refers to a condition in which the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. Causes of hyperthyroidism include Graves' disease, thyroid a...learn more >>
Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Causes of hypothyroidism include Hashimotot's thyroiditis, sub...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Problems:

Thyroid Disease - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms of your thyroid disease?

Thyroid Disease - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with thyroid disease.