Viewer Comments: Thyroid Disease - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Problems:

Thyroid Disease - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with thyroid disease.

Comment from: lilnikki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 28

The problem I'm having is finding someone to listen to me about my symptoms. They just want to say I'm suffering depression but I have all the symptoms of thyroid disorder my hair has always been really thick it has been coming out really bad I have aches and pains that are unexplainable I have very bad night sweats I constantly keep a headache I've gained 20lbs even though I workout but the first thing I'm told is it's depression because I was recently laid-off and I have had issues with anemia so that must be the cause of my problems I need someone to listen.

Comment from: Chris, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have COPD which hinders my breathing. Now I have been diagnosed with thyroid problems, plus I have a goiter also. When I was 34 I had this problem and had the goiter taken out because it was lying on my windpipe and cutting off my breath. I now have the same systems but they think it is all because of the COPD. I am very concerned about this, but the doctors don't seem to hear me when I complain. I am being treated for both.

Comment from: sailor, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I am a male age 41. I served 2 tours in Iraq I returned home with injuries. I have always been tired and depressed. I found out I was born with less then half of a thyroid after they treated me for another injury. I have suffered and now I'm told this was the cause of the mental depression I battled all my life and the reason for all of those tired and low energy days. I have always been sad since I can remember someone please explain how this could happen.

Must Read Articles Related to Thyroid Problems

Hashimoto's Disease
Hashimoto's Disease Hashimoto's disease (also referred to as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, chronic autoimmune thyroiditis, or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis) is a disease affecting the...learn more >>
Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism Hyperthyroidism refers to a condition in which the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. Causes of hyperthyroidism include Graves' disease, thyroid a...learn more >>
Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Causes of hypothyroidism include Hashimotot's thyroiditis, sub...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Problems:

Thyroid Problems - Treatment

What was the treatment for your thyroid problems?

Thyroid Disease - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms of your thyroid disease?