Viewer Comments: Ticks - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ticks:

Ticks - Experience

What was your experience with ticks?

Comment from: Cool4tool, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 16

I have found nine ticks in the last three days.

Comment from: Donna S., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I have been bitten twice by ticks in the past three months! The first was three months ago on my back! I still have itching and a scab in that area! I found one on my leg a few days ago! I removed it and put antibiotic ointment on it! Now there is a large knot like place under where the bite was! I am not sure what to do about it! I live on a lake and unfortunately I am subject to ticks more so than those living in urban areas!

Comment from: millie, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 26

My daughter was brushing my granddaughter's hair until she notices something in her head moving, and she was trying to take it off, but she couldn't get it off from her. It was inside her scalp! I called her doctor and she removed it in about 15 minutes.

Must Read Articles Related to Ticks

Encephalitis
Encephalitis Encephalitis is an acute infection and inflammation of the brain itself. This is in contrast to meningitis, which is an inflammation of the layers covering the ...learn more >>
Insect Bites
Insect Bites Stings and bites from insects are common. They often result in redness and swelling in the injured area. Sometimes a sting can cause a life-threatening allergic...learn more >>
Lyme Disease
Lyme Disease Lyme disease, sometimes referred to as Lyme infection, is a bacterial illness, transmitted to humans by the bite of deer ticks (Ixodes ticks) carrying a bacteri...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ticks:

Ticks - Preventive

How do you prevent ticks from getting on your dog?