Viewer Comments: Ticks - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ticks:

Ticks - Experience

What was your experience with ticks?

Comment from: rooster, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 30

I'm in the business of cleaning out foreclosed homes. I have been bitten by ticks at least 12 times in the last month. All were either deer or black leg ticks. Most were on leg, arm side or back.

Comment from: GW, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I live in Northern California and we are having a terrible tick season. I walk my dogs on the trails every day and every day we have at least three ticks between us. They mostly attach to the dogs face and groin. I've had them on my back, arms, neck and hair. Tick checks are a daily occurrence now.

Comment from: Cool4tool, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 16

I have found nine ticks in the last three days.

Comment from: Donna S., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I have been bitten twice by ticks in the past three months! The first was three months ago on my back! I still have itching and a scab in that area! I found one on my leg a few days ago! I removed it and put antibiotic ointment on it! Now there is a large knot like place under where the bite was! I am not sure what to do about it! I live on a lake and unfortunately I am subject to ticks more so than those living in urban areas!

Comment from: millie, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 26

My daughter was brushing my granddaughter's hair until she notices something in her head moving, and she was trying to take it off, but she couldn't get it off from her. It was inside her scalp! I called her doctor and she removed it in about 15 minutes.

Must Read Articles Related to Ticks

Encephalitis
Encephalitis Encephalitis is an acute infection and inflammation of the brain itself. This is in contrast to meningitis, which is an inflammation of the layers covering the ...learn more >>
Insect Bites
Insect Bites Insect stings and bites are common. Common symptoms include pain, swelling, redness, and itching. Treatment of insect stings and bites depends on the type of in...learn more >>
Lyme Disease
Lyme Disease Lyme disease, sometimes referred to as Lyme infection, is a bacterial illness, transmitted to humans by the bite of deer ticks (Ixodes ticks) carrying a bacteri...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ticks:

Ticks - Preventive

How do you prevent ticks from getting on your dog?