IN THIS ARTICLE
With tinnitus, you hear a noise that no one around you hears. This noise is usually a buzzing or ringing type sound, but it may be a clicking or rushing sound that goes along with your heartbeat. The sound is sometimes accompanied by hearing loss and dizziness in a syndrome known as Meniere's disease.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/12/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Tinnitus
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus:
Tinnitus - Experience
Please describe your experience with tinnitus.
Tinnitus - Medical Treatment
What medical treatments have been effective for tinnitus?
Tinnitus - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your tinnitus?
Tinnitus - Causes
What was the cause of your tinnitus?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?