IN THIS ARTICLE
It is important to follow the doctor's directions in obtaining further evaluations and tests. You may need an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat specialist (otolaryngologist) or an audiologist for further testing. It is important to follow up on these recommendations when they are made to confirm that your tinnitus is not caused by another illness.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/12/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Tinnitus
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus:
Tinnitus - Experience
Please describe your experience with tinnitus.
Tinnitus - Medical Treatment
What medical treatments have been effective for tinnitus?
Tinnitus - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your tinnitus?
Tinnitus - Causes
What was the cause of your tinnitus?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?