Viewer Comments: Tinnitus - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus:

Tinnitus - Experience

Please describe your experience with tinnitus.

Comment from: cfrank, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I was first diagnosed with tinnitus 30 years ago after having a TIA. There was no known damage. Periodically under some stress, I would have ringing of the ears. In the past 6 months I have had this happen more frequently. My hearing is good for my age of 82, however when I go to see my doctor next month I will ask for the special examination to see if there is an underlying cause at this time. Thanks for your thorough info I see the importance of finding out.

Comment from: bruce455, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 23

In 2007 I was hit in the side of my head and my arms were crushed by a machine that came down on me with 2500 lbs. I was in there for more than an hour and a half. In the hospital, they were telling me it was the morphine causing my head to hurt, then I started to hear water running. Now it sounds like air or someone taking a shower in the next room. I'm still fighting with the insurance company.

Must Read Articles Related to Tinnitus

Aspirin Poisoning
Aspirin Poisoning Aspirin poisoning is either accidental or intentional. Symptoms of aspirin poisoning include ringing in the ears, impaired hearing, rapid breathing, dehydration...learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss To understand hearing loss it is important to understand how normal hearing takes place. There are 2 different pathways by which sound waves produce the sensati...learn more >>
Labyrinthitis
Labyrinthitis Labyrinthitis means an inflammation of the inner ear structure called the labyrinth. Sometimes the term labyrinthitis refers to other causes of inner ear proble...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus:

Tinnitus - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your tinnitus?

Tinnitus - Causes

What was the cause of your tinnitus?

Tinnitus - Medical Treatment

What medical treatments have been effective for tinnitus?