Viewer Comments: Tinnitus - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears):

Tinnitus - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your tinnitus?

Comment from: I Surrender, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I'm 24 years old; I've had Tinnitus since I was 12. I hear noise on the right ear (sounds like air escaping) I have seen 20 doctors and they have all told me that there are no problems with my ears and it's not caused by illness or whatsoever and have not recommended any medication or techniques to reduce the noise that I'm experiencing. This is a nightmare for me I really miss a quite sleep at night. The noise would strangely stop when I actually put pressure on the vein of my neck using my fingers. I really pray to God that this noise stops one day as I still have hope even after 12 years.

Comment from: candfg, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 14

I found this to be very informative, although disappointing. Apparently I will have to live with this condition with very little hope for relief. I may try Ginko-Biloba. I advise any military person, or persons involved in business related to noise to use ear protection. My years in a Navy engine room may have caused my problem.

Must Read Articles Related to Tinnitus

Aspirin Poisoning
Aspirin Poisoning Aspirin poisoning is either accidental or intentional. Symptoms of learn more >>
Scuba Diving: Barotrauma and Decompression Sickness
Barotrauma/Decompression Sickness Barotrauma and decompression sickness refers to medical problems that occur during diving. These problems include decompression illness (the bends), external ea...learn more >>
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery complications, medi...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears):

Tinnitus - Experience

Please describe your experience with tinnitus.

Tinnitus - Medical Treatment

What medical treatments have been effective for tinnitus?

Tinnitus - Causes

What was the cause of your tinnitus?