Tips for Good Vision
The following tips can help you keep your eyes healthy and your vision as clear as possible.
- Provide good light for reading, work, or study (soft background light plus a light on your task).
- Take regular breaks from close work and visually demanding tasks. Blink often, and close and rest your eyes when they feel tired or dry.
- Avoid glare on TV and computer screens. Place your TV or computer screen where lights do not reflect on the screen. Some people find it easier to work on a computer in a dimly lit room. And some people use special nonglare screens that fit over the computer screen.
- Wear proper eye safety equipment for hazardous tasks.
- Wear UV-blocking sunglasses to protect your eyes from excessive ultraviolet light from the sun, which increases the risk of cataracts.
- Avoid smoke and other things that irritate your eyes.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Christopher J. Rudnisky, MD, MPH, FRCSC - Ophthalmology|
|Last Revised||November 1, 2011|