TLC Diet Sample Menu
The TLC (Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes) diet can help lower your cholesterol. It is recommended by the National Cholesterol Education Program of the U.S. National Institutes of Health.1
Here is a sample one-day menu. The menu contains approximately 2,200 calories, with 25% of calories from total fat (5% from saturated fat, 13% from monounsaturated fat, and 7% from polyunsaturated fat).
For tips on the TLC diet, see High Cholesterol: Using the TLC Diet.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication