- Make sure the patient follows up on all the tests the doctor performs and take all the medications the doctor prescribes.
- Patients should finish the entire course of antibiotics prescribed by the
doctor, even if the person is feeling fine and symptoms go away.
- Children and adults are not contagious 24 hours after starting antibiotic treatment for strep throat
caused by bacteria. The child or adult can return to school (day care) or work after this period of time while
the person is taking antibiotics.
- If symptoms remain or get worse, the patient should contact their doctor.
- If social contacts develop symptoms tonsillitis, they may need to be evaluated.
Must Read Articles Related to Tonsillitis
A peritonsillar abscess forms in the tissues of the throat next to one of the tonsils. An abscess is a collection of pus that forms near an area of infected .....learn more >>
Sore throats are generally named for the anatomical site affected. The pharynx, tonsils, adenoids, larynx, and epiglottis. Sore throat treatment depends on the ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tonsillitis: