Viewer Comments: Tonsillitis In Adults - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tonsillitis:

Tonsillitis In Adults - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with tonsillitis?

Comment from: Dizzy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

With tonsillitis I have experienced fever, chills, voice change, pain, and a sore neck. I have also found it hard to swallow. I choke on food and my own saliva. Pain meds barely relieve pain and fever.

Comment from: sc, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I have had a fever, sneezing, runny nose and a dull headache. But obviously a sore throat that got worse and when i looked at it in the mirror. It was covered in white spots!

Comment from: Judy, 55-64 Female Published: April 18

Tiredness, sore throat,temperature yet feeling chills,headaches.couldnt eat for 3 days.

Comment from: paticakoos, 55-64 Female Published: April 18

Cough, pain on swallowing, nasal and throat mucus yellow/brown and blood tinged, general malaise and weakness, burning eyes and tiredness

Comment from: Leanne, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I have swollen glands, a sore right ear; pus on my tonsils and I feel blocked up with funny smell. I had tonsillitis nine months ago for the first time I was so sick ended up hospital dehydrated on antibiotic drip.

Comment from: Lisar, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

Swollen lymph nodes, very soar throat, headache, neck ache, ear ache and tiredness.

Comment from: Precious H, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

Pus on tonsils, red sore tonsils, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat. Very painful.

Comment from: Lottyloo, Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I had a sore swollen throat and I couldn't eat for three days. I also had a shooting pain going down my neck, and a fever for the first three days. I couldn't lift my head up of the pillow with out felling very dizzy. Then the coughing started. This was one of my worst experiences and I have had four kids.

Comment from: joe, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had chills and pain when swallowing.

Comment from: Alix, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

Headache, pain with swallowing, yellow and white discharge from tonsils, and swollen tonsils.

Comment from: Theresa, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

Pain in both ears, runny and congested nose, headache and cough. I am thinking of going for a surgical treatment because tonsillitis is real discomfort.

Must Read Articles Related to Tonsillitis

Peritonsillar Abscess
Peritonsillar Abscess A peritonsillar abscess forms in the tissues of the throat next to one of the tonsils. An abscess is a collection of pus that forms near an area of infected .....learn more >>
Sore Throat
Sore Throat Sore throats are generally named for the anatomical site affected. The pharynx, tonsils, adenoids, larynx, and epiglottis. Sore throat treatment depends on the ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tonsillitis:

Tonsillitis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your tonsillitis?

Parenting Know-How: We've hand-picked our best pregnancy, baby and parenting content just for you