Toothache and Gum Problems (cont.)
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have tooth pain?
- When did the pain start?
- Has the pain been constant or does it come and go?
- Does anything make the pain better or worse?
- Does the pain awaken you from sleep or interfere with any other activities?
- Do your gums bleed?
- When did the bleeding start?
- What makes your gums bleed?
- How often do you brush and floss your teeth?
- When was your last dental examination? Do you visit a dentist regularly?
- Have you had a dental or gum problem in the past?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any health risks?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||July 24, 2012|