Viewer Comments: Torticollis - Stretches

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis:

Torticollis - Stretches

What stretches have you tried to alleviate your torticollis?

Comment from: pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have had spasmodic torticollis for over 5 years. A physical therapist has me doing certain neck, shoulder, and arm stretching movements which do help and I have had Botox injections for about 2 years which help some. I walk a few blocks every day and that also helps. The chiropractor is also good (every week or less). Green Earth Naturals for deep green algae for the rich nutrients are very helpful.

Comment from: Tirzah B., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

My chiropractor and I agree I should try Botox for my torticollis but my family doctor has never heard of this treatment. I'm 71 and my doctor is older than I am. He won't consider a referral to a neurologist. Where I live you are lucky to have a doctor so I don't insist. I use heat a lot. The touching of opposite side to short circuit brain is effective for a few seconds. Anti-depressants help me cope and I have many other medical problems. No fun. I hope everyone finds the right treatment for them. My condition came on slowly over several years and pain only started a year ago.

Must Read Articles Related to Torticollis

Neck Strain
Neck Strain The portion of the spine contained within the neck is referred to as the cervical spine. That's the site for injuries known as learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis:

Torticollis - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your torticollis?

Torticollis - Causes

What was the cause of your torticollis?