Total Hip Replacement
Total Hip Replacement Introduction
Patient Comments Read 25 Comments
Total hip replacement (THR) is a treatment option for late-stage degenerative hip disease, also known as osteoarthritis or degenerative arthritis. THR is one of the most successful and common surgical procedures in orthopedic surgery. In addition to marked reduction in pain and improvement in sleep, most people regain range of motion, physical ability, and quality of life.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Total Hip Replacement
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Total Hip Replacement:
Total Hip Replacement - Causes
What caused you to need a total hip replacement?
Total Hip Replacement - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your total hip replacement experience.
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication