Tourette's Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
There is no known prevention of this Tourette's syndrome. However, some of the psychological complications can be secondary to the social limitations imposed by the disease. Close monitoring of the patient for the early detection of emergent emotional disorders is very important. Also, education of the persons that relate to him/her (family members, teachers, classmates, friends) may also help to create a better environment for the child and prevent emotional issues.
Norberto Alvarez, MD
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair