Tourette's Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Support Groups and Counseling
Participation in support groups can be extremely helpful for families and individuals with Tourette's syndrome. When associated symptoms such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, or aggression occur, it is important to receive appropriate support services which include counseling to reduce stress and anxiety, as well as mental health services.
The national Tourette's Syndrome Association has chapters in most of the 50 states and also links internationally.
For individuals with associated Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder the web site for CHADD.
Norberto Alvarez, MD
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?