Tourette's Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Questions to Ask the Doctor
The first question should be the confirmation of the diagnosis. Since this is a chronic condition, and the doctor will be involved with the patient for a long period of time, it is important to know if the doctor has experience in dealing with Tourette's syndrome.
Next, it is important to know if the patient can benefit from the use of medications, and if so, how long the medication(s) should be used. It is also essential to ask about any possible side effects of the medications, for example if the medications are safe to take in pregnancy or if it is safe to drive while taking the medication(s).
Norberto Alvarez, MD
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?