Toxic Shock Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Toxic Shock Syndrome Prognosis
Toxic shock syndrome is a serious, life-threatening disease. Early medical care is the key to ensuring the best possibility of survival. People who survive toxic shock syndrome usually improve within 48 hours and can be discharged from the hospital within one week.
Joseph S Bushra, MD, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Toxic Shock Syndrome
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Toxic Shock Syndrome:
Toxic Shock Syndrome - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with toxic shock syndrome?
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair