Toxic Shock Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Toxic Shock Syndrome Prognosis
Toxic shock syndrome is a serious, life-threatening disease. Early medical care is the key to ensuring the best possibility of survival. People who survive toxic shock syndrome usually improve within 48 hours and can be discharged from the hospital within one week.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/9/2014
Joseph S Bushra, MD, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Toxic Shock Syndrome
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Toxic Shock Syndrome:
Toxic Shock Syndrome - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with toxic shock syndrome?
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication