Toxic Shock Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Toxic Shock Syndrome Treatment
Self-Care at Home
There is no role for self-care at home; people with suspected toxic shock syndrome should be immediately taken to the hospital's emergency department. Women who are menstruating and using tampons should remove the tampon prior to going to the hospital if toxic shock syndrome is suspected.
Joseph S Bushra, MD, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Toxic Shock Syndrome
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Toxic Shock Syndrome:
Toxic Shock Syndrome - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with toxic shock syndrome?
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair