Toxic Shock Syndrome (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Self-Care at Home
There is no role for self-care at home; people with suspected toxic shock syndrome should be immediately taken to the hospital's emergency department. Women who are menstruating and using tampons should remove the tampon prior to going to the hospital if toxic shock syndrome is suspected.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/9/2014
Joseph S Bushra, MD, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Toxic Shock Syndrome
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Toxic Shock Syndrome:
Toxic Shock Syndrome - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with toxic shock syndrome?
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication