Traveler's Diarrhea (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Traveler's Diarrhea Prognosis
Although it can ruin a vacation, traveler's diarrhea rarely requires hospitalization and usually is not life-threatening unless severe dehydration develops.
Anthony L Buscaglia, DO
Must Read Articles Related to Traveler's Diarrhea
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Traveler's Diarrhea:
Traveler's Diarrhea - Treatment
What was the treatment for your traveler's diarrhea?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape
Escherichia coli is one of the most frequent causes of many common bacterial infections, including cholecystitis, bacteremia, cholangitis, urinary tract infection (UTI), and traveler's diarrhea, and other clinical infections such as neonatal meningitis and pneumonia.