Traveler's Diarrhea (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Traveler's Diarrhea Medications and Treatment
For mild cases, the doctor may recommend the nonprescription medications bismuth subsalicylate and loperamide (see previous precaution).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/18/2015
Anthony L Buscaglia, DO
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Traveler's Diarrhea
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Traveler's Diarrhea:
Traveler's Diarrhea - Treatment
What was the treatment for your traveler's diarrhea?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape
Escherichia coli is one of the most frequent causes of many common bacterial infections, including cholecystitis, bacteremia, cholangitis, urinary tract infection (UTI), and traveler's diarrhea, and other clinical infections such as neonatal meningitis and pneumonia.