Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection (or sexually-transmitted disease, STD) caused by a protozoan (a microscopic parasite), usually found in the vagina and urethral tissues. Although this condition is most often treated in women, trichomoniasis infection in men can also occur (and often has no symptoms).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2013
Andrew K Chang, MD
Medical Medical Editor:
Must Read Articles Related to Trichomoniasis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your trichomoniasis?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?