IN THIS ARTICLE
About 70% of people who are infected do not show any symptoms. When people do have symptoms, they can range in severity from mild to severe. Symptoms develop anywhere from 5 to 28 days after being infected, but some people can develop symptoms even later. The symptoms may improve or even go away and then return in some people. If untreated, the infection can persist for months to years. The following are the typical symptoms in those who do develop symptoms of trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis Symptoms in Women
Trichomoniasis Symptoms in Men
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2013
Andrew K Chang, MD
Medical Medical Editor:
Must Read Articles Related to Trichomoniasis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your trichomoniasis?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?