IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Vaginal or urethral itching and discharge or burning during urination should prompt a visit to the doctor.
Trichomoniasis can easily be diagnosed and treated by a doctor. If a doctor is unavailable or you do not have a doctor, should seek treatment at an urgent care clinic, medical clinic, obstetric-gynecology clinic, or a hospital's emergency department.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2013
Andrew K Chang, MD
Medical Medical Editor:
Must Read Articles Related to Trichomoniasis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your trichomoniasis?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?