IN THIS ARTICLE
Trichomoniasis Self-Care at Home
The treatment of choice is antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. In addition to antibiotics, some alternative medicine therapies are available. These therapies are not known to be beneficial, and no rigorous scientific evidence supports their use. Home therapy should not be used instead of a doctor's visit and appropriate antibiotics, as this may allow the spread of the condition as well as harmful sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea, or chlamydia.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2013
Andrew K Chang, MD
Medical Medical Editor:
Must Read Articles Related to Trichomoniasis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your trichomoniasis?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?