IN THIS ARTICLE
Trichomoniasis Medical Treatment
Patient Comments Read 4 Comments
The treatment of choice is metronidazole (Flagyl), except in the first trimester of pregnancy, when clotrimazole (Mycelex Troche) is used topically. It is important not to drink alcohol while taking this drug (the combination can lead to abdominal pain and vomiting).
Clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin, Mycelex-7) if pregnant and having symptoms
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/26/2013
Andrew K Chang, MD
Medical Medical Editor:
Must Read Articles Related to Trichomoniasis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your trichomoniasis?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?