Viewer Comments: Tuberculosis - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tuberculosis:

Tuberculosis - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your tuberculosis established?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

My diagnosis of tuberculosis was established by a CT scan of my chest after more than a year of inconclusive chest X-rays and unsuccessful sputum cultures.

Comment from: raj, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 06

I have no cough, no weight loss, and no other symptoms of TB, but the doctor says I have TB.

Comment from: Regretter, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

A month ago, my father warned me not to mix with a friend whose father has had TB for a very long time, but I never cared. My father warned me that the son has a better health than me and might not catch the disease for that reason. At last I had a very severe cough and weight loss with fever. My father took me to a specialist who took and X-ray and mucus tests. I was in horror when it proved positive. I regret not listening to my father's advice, now he keeps me in a room and I take four types of drugs and father looks after me at home but he is afraid of infection. I feel much better now but my father is very cautious and he gives me the medicine by himself. May God heal me out not for me but for my father and my family!

Comment from: sentinel, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 08

My wife needed to have a TB test for her job (she works at a daycare center ) .The test showed positive. She is in denial and thinks the test is wrong because she won't admit the symptoms are connected to her TB .Symptoms are Extreme fatigue, migraines, night sweats. I try to talk to her about the condition and she becomes very combative. I am growing more worried because we have a 13 year old son and don't want him to get infected. I have been tested and with negative results. She is from South America and has been tested before for immigration purposes but I don't think they administered the shot correctly.

Must Read Articles Related to Tuberculosis

Bacterial Pneumonia
Bacterial Pneumonia Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. People with pneumonia usually complain about coughing, fever, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Your body's imm...learn more >>
Chemical Pneumonia
Chemical Pneumonia Chemical pneumonia is a type of lung irritation. Many substances can cause chemical pneumonia including liquids, gasses, dust, fumes, and lung aspiration. Sympt...learn more >>
Chest X-Ray
Chest X-Ray Chest X-ray is a common procedure ordered to diagnose certain diseases and conditions such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, emphysema, lung masses or nod...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tuberculosis:

Tuberculosis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your tuberculosis?

Tuberculosis - Prognosis

What is your tuberculosis prognosis?