Viewer Comments: Types of Psoriasis - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Types of Psoriasis:

Types of Psoriasis - Experience

What type of psoriasis do you have?

Comment from: JustMe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I've had pustular psoriasis some periods of remission starting in my 20s. I had to wear white gloves when I was younger. It was so disgusting, and caused terrible foot pain on and off. Psoriasis would move from hand to feet and sometimes both simultaneously. Now I also have scalp psoriasis also in my 50s that won't go. The only thing that ever helped control or give relief was .05% clobetasol intermittently. It thins the skin if used for any long period of time and then the skin cracks open and bleeds, you would think the pus is enough. That's my story.

Comment from: Margaret, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I suffer from scalp psoriasis and also inverse psoriasis.

Comment from: bujew, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

My 17-year-old daughter has had teardrop Psoriasis since she was 7 years old covering her body. Nothing works--not even UVB treatment.

Comment from: jo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 15

I have dry skin psoriasis which breaks into deep cuts and it is on my palms and feet only. It is extremely painful when I walk. Even if I am not walking I feel extreme pain because of the cracks.

Comment from: CUP, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

For many years I have experienced periodic bouts of psoriasis on my elbows and hands. To little avail, I tried every over-the-counter remedy that I could find. Then I used Clobetasol Propionate 0.05% ointment which was prescribed by a dermatologist. Amazing results! For me, IT ALWAYS RESULTS IN REMISSION. If used at the first sign of an outbreak, it stops the progression immediately and clears the skin within a day or two. Another blessing is that the ointment cost me less than $20 for 60g which lasts me for years.

Comment from: Ryan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 22

I have plaque psoriasis. Since early teens I had one red patch on my head. At 20 it spread and today at 32 it is spreading all over. I am no longer the same person and do not act naturally or feel the way I used to. To be on top of it you really need to change all aspects of your life.

Must Read Articles Related to Types of Psoriasis

Guttate Psoriasis
Guttate Psoriasis Guttate psoriasis is a type of psoriasis that looks like small, salmon-pink drops on the skin. The word guttate is derived from the Latin word gutta, meaning dr...learn more >>
Nail Psoriasis
Nail Psoriasis Psoriasis is a common condition. A person with psoriasis generally has patches of raised red skin with silvery scales. The affected skin may look shiny and red ...learn more >>
Plaque Psoriasis
Plaque Psoriasis Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis. The skin is red and covered with silvery scales and is inflamed. Patches of circular to oval shaped red p...learn more >>