Understanding Acromegaly Medications (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Medical Treatment of Acromegaly
Treatment consists of surgery, medications, and, sometimes, radiation. Lifestyle changes to avoid further risks of developing associated complications, such as heart disease, vascular disease, stroke, lung disorders, and/or cancers, should also be part of therapy. Lifestyle changes may include smoking cessation, low-fat diets, and exercise.
Mary L Windle, PharmD
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Women's Health Resources
- What's Triggering Your Migraines?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Get Pregnant Faster
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?