Understanding Allergy and Hay Fever Medications Topic Guide
Allergy and Hay Fever Medications: There are many types of medications available to combat the symptoms of allergies and hay fever. The types of medications include antihistamines (Claritin, Zyrtec), decongestants (Sudafed), anticholinergic nasal sprays (Atrovent), corticosteroid nasal sprays (Flonase, Nasonex), antiallergy eyedrops (Patanol), leukotriene inhibitors (Singulair), and mast cell inhibitors (Nasalcrom).
Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock) Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that occurs rapidly and causes a life-threatening response involving the whole body. Because the reaction is really an overreaction, this is sometimes called a ...
Expert Views and News
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?