Understanding the Male Anatomy (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The urethra is surrounded by the corpus spongiosum, one of the cylindrical spaces of soft tissue of the penis described earlier. In men, the urethra provides a dual purpose:
Scar tissue in this passage, called strictures, can cause urinary difficulty.
Pictures of the Male Reproductive System and Anatomy
Medically reviewed by Michael Wolff, MD; American Board of Urology
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/16/2014
Stephen W Leslie, MD, FACS
Men's Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Do Baseball Caps Cause Baldness?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication