Understanding Your Cholesterol Level Topic Guide
Cholesterol Charts (What the Numbers Mean): Understanding your cholesterol level is important for disease prevention. High cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood place an individual at a higher risk for heart attack, stroke, and peripheral artery disease. Cholesterol can be lowered through lifestyle modifications and medication if necessary.
Lifestyle Cholesterol Management Lifestyle cholesterol management is important to lower your risk for heart disease (heart attack, stroke, and peripheral artery disease). Cholesterol management with lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise can effectively lower blood cholesterol levels in some individuals.
Expert Views and News
- Cholesterol Meds and Grapefruit Juice
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication