Understanding Your Cholesterol Level Topic Guide
Cholesterol Charts (What the Numbers Mean): Understanding your cholesterol level is important for disease prevention. High cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood place an individual at a higher risk for heart attack, stroke, and peripheral artery disease. Cholesterol can be lowered through lifestyle modifications and medication if necessary.
High Cholesterol High cholesterol levels can lead to heart disease, stroke, angina, blood clot formation, stroke, peripheral artery disease, and more. Causes of high cholesterol include: heredity, age and sex, stress, and lifestyle choices. Cholesterol levels can be reduced with lifestyle changes and medication if necessary (statins, fibrates, bile acid sequestrants, or niacin).
Expert Views and News
- Cholesterol Meds and Grapefruit Juice
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication