Uterine Fibroids Topic Guide
Uterine Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are benign tumors (non-cancerous tumors) of a woman's uterus. The exact reason why some women develop uterine fibroids is not known. Obesity, nulliparity, and early menstruation are conditions associated with uterine fibroids. Some of the symptoms of uterine fibroids include irregular vaginal bleeding, constipation, lower abdominal pain, infertility, and more. Treatment of a uterine fibroid depends on the size and location of the fibroid.
Must Read Articles:
Vaginal Bleeding Unexpected bleeding is always a concern for any woman at any stage of life. Anything other than a normal menstrual period and even an abnormally heavy period can be great.
Expert Views and News
Women's Health Resources
- Teen Quiz: What's Up 'Down There'?
- Video: Is It Time to See a Dentist?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?