Viewer Comments: Uterine Fibroids - Outlook and Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Uterine Fibroids:

Uterine Fibroids - Outlook and Prognosis

Did you have your uterine fibroids removed? Describe your experience and prognosis.

Comment from: BK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I am 46 and I have uterine fibroids. My Doctor told me that I need to have a hysterectomy. I keep asking if there is any other way to take care of the fibroids other than having a hysterectomy but because of my heavy periods, large clots during my period, bad cramps and severe anemia I really don't have an option even though I am scared to death to have the surgery due to my history of blood clots in my left leg. So today I will schedule my surgery for next week, a few days after my 47 birthday. I really hope and pray the surgery is a success because have been dealing with this for 24 years.

Published: March 25

I had a lot of stomach pain and lower back. Very anemic. Looked up one of the leading doctors in the south and made an appointment. Had the MRI and he said I have 4 fibroids said go home and watch and wait. I am not on Medicare or Medicaid only insurance. I don't think they want to deal with insurance companies. Still living with pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Uterine Fibroids

Vaginal Bleeding
Vaginal Bleeding Unexpected bleeding is always a concern for any woman at any stage of life. Anything other than a normal menstrual period and even an abnormally heavy period ca...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Uterine Fibroids:

Uterine Fibroids - Symptoms

What are your symptoms of uterine fibroid?

Uterine Fibroids - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with uterine fibroids (benign tumors of the uterus).