Viewer Comments: Vaginal Infections - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vaginal Infections:

Vaginal Infections - Experience

What was your experience with vaginal infections?

Comment from: MerinaNYC, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

My experience with chronic, antibiotic resistant bacterial vaginosis is that I have constant lower pelvic pain. I have read this is NOT a symptom, but I will state unequivocally that along with the burn and the odor this pain has been present almost non-stop. This pain is not PID, endometriosis or anything else. My doctor did a D&C with hysteroscopy as well as pelvic ultrasound and those causes were ruled out. It is very frustrating to read such misinformation about bacterial vaginosis. Clearly there is not nearly enough research. How about the possibility that the antibiotic resistant strains that have clearly developed in some women actually cause more severe symptoms? I am living proof and my doctors don't have a clue at this point how to further help me. This has diminished the quality of my life tremendously.

Comment from: anynomous, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I've been battling vaginal infections for the past few years. My gynecologist prescribed Metrogel, which cleared it up, and then I got a yeast infection.

Comment from: sick and tired, 25-34 Female Published: October 04

I constantly keep getting yeast infections with the white cottage like discharge. This is so depressing for me. I have had three yeast infections in the past fifty days. I take medication but it always comes back. I came across this site and am relieved to know that I am not the only woman suffering from recurring yeast infections. I have heard before that recurrent yeast infections could be a symptom of diabetes and my friend who is a nurse encourages me to drink plenty of water, not to submerge my private parts in water, avoid the use of regular soap down there, and not to wear thong underwear. I'm going to try her advice.

Comment from: boku, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I've had recurrent vaginal infections, almost my entire adult life. A couple of times it's itchy. Then I get medication and it clears, but I never stop discharging, and when I see my doctor and run some tests, they find nothing.

Comment from: allergic, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

For my vaginal infections, I get a heavy white discharge (like lotion), odorless. The first time I had this type of infection was when I had sex with my actual husband (only sexual partner) and my doctor told back then (13 years ago) that I should use condoms to protect myself. I used to trust my partner and did not protect myself. I moved to U.S. and a doctor told me that the discharge was normal, some people has more than others. So for the next five years I learned to live with all that discharge. I returned back to Puerto Rico and this time my vagina was inflamed with all that discharge and I went back to my first doctor. He told me that it was a bad infection and that I should not trust my partner and should start to protect myself. My partner was upset with me, but I did it and since then, more than three years ago, I've been free of vaginal infections, plus I am not with my partner anymore.

Comment from: alia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I am 25 years old and got married in last march 2010, but after marriage, my problems started, i e. irregular periods, urine burning problems and even I am trying 2 get pregnant but failed to do so. I went to a doctor as well, but she said that I have an infection. She gave me some tablets used those but it didn't work out at all. I got periods but I wanted 2 get pregnant. I tried but again my problem has started. I have missed periods, did pregnancy tests and it shows a negative result. I feel stress. Sometimes I am very tense. The doctors are not getting me. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Joanna, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I have a bacteria vaginosis and it's very uncomfortable. My doctor prescribes me the Metronidazole 500mg for seven days and the discharge still persists. Then I follow up with my doctor and she said that she couldn't prescribe me anything else because that's how my body was.

Must Read Articles Related to Vaginal Infections

Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>
Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment
Understanding Vaginal Yeast Infection Medications Yeast infections are overgrowths of normally growing fungi in the vagina. Overgrowth inflames the vagina and creates discharge, odor, irritation, and/or itching...learn more >>
Vaginal Bleeding
Vaginal Bleeding Irregular vaginal bleeding can be caused by dysfunctional uterine bleeding (for example, unbalanced hormones that affect the menstrual cycle, and trauma), learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vaginal Infections:

Vaginal Infections - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your vaginal infections?

Vaginal Infection Self-Care - Home Remedies

What was the effective home remedies for your vaginal infection?