Viewer Comments: Yeast Infection - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Yeast Infection (Vaginal):

Yeast Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your yeast infection?

Comment from: Ms. K, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have yeast infections regularly. I have used acidophilus, AZO yeast, and AZO cranberry.

Published: June 06

The only thing that I have found that can prevent yeast infections is taking Acidophilus on a daily basis. Also, I have noticed that I have a lot fewer yeast infections since I reduced the amount of sugar in my diet.

Published: June 03

Yogurt has worked well for me.

Comment from: ritamae, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I was plagued with yeast infections all my life. Finally I found a gyno who would listen to me. He put me on a pill and tioconazole. I just recently got one after 5 years on this regime.

Comment from: angzw, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I suspect in my case that the recurring infections I have are partly to do with a little flap of excess skin on my perineum because of childbirth. Using lubrication before intercourse also seems to help reduce the number of infections I get.

Comment from: ruth767, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have had frequent yeast infections for 12+ years ranging from itchy, irritating, to so raw and bleeding. Recently I ate a clove of garlic and it was gone the next day. I couldn't believe it! Garlic is natural and safe and kills bad bacteria! Try it, it really worked. To kill the garlic smell, eat fresh parsley.

Comment from: crystal, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I just had an operation on appendicitis, and I think it's getting well, but I just had a little concern regarding to the way I feel right now. Every time I move or walk I feel dizzy and before I had an operation my doctor asked me if I have any vaginal discharge, but I said I don't have any even though I have yeast infection I lied about it can somebody please help me.

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

When I had a yeast infection, I immediately purchased the 1-day insert. I was in so much pain about 15 minutes afterwards and all through the next day. I called an advice nurse and she told me that it is best to use the 7 day treatment because in the 1 day treatment you are getting a huge amount of medicine and sometimes in women it is way too powerful to handle in a one shot treatment. I wish I would have known that sooner.

Must Read Articles Related to Vaginal Yeast Infections

Candidiasis (Yeast Infection, Candida)
Candidiasis (Yeast Infection) Candidiasis is type of yeast infection, and is the most common type of yeast infection. Areas where candidiasis yeast infection can occur are vaginal, thrush (m...learn more >>
Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment
Understanding Vaginal Yeast Infection Medications Yeast infections are overgrowths of normally growing fungi in the vagina. Overgrowth inflames the vagina and creates discharge, odor, irritation, and/or itching...learn more >>
Vaginal Infections
Vaginal Infections Vaginal infections, or vaginitis, describe the most common medical concerns women have in the area of their reproductive organs. Vaginitis is an inflammation of...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Yeast Infection (Vaginal):

Yeast Infection - Causes

Did you have a yeast infection? If so, what was the cause?

Yeast Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your yeast infection?

Yeast Infection - Home Remedy

Please share your experience with yeast infection home remedies.

Yeast Infection - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a yeast infection?