Viewer Comments: Yeast Infection - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Yeast Infection (Vaginal):

Yeast Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your yeast infection?

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have had 2 yeast infections in my life so far and both have responded incredibly well to medication. With the first one, I used Monistat, and it worked like a charm. With my most recent one, I used Miconazole, and it also responded well. I find that wearing loose, soft clothing decreases the amount of discomfort. Sleeping in the nude even helps; it "airs it out," so to speak.

Comment from: justme, Female (Patient) Published: September 10

Try Miconazole. It's a brand of Monistat. It's the best. I use the three-day and on the third day, I am so happy it's gone. I was told by a pharmacist to use it the first time. It was embarrassing for me to ask her, but she was so helpful and even told me of her own experiences, which made me feel more comfortable. Now, when I'm in the aisle, and I see someone looking through boxes, I tell them to get Miconazole!

Comment from: sophie, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

I have a 9yr old daughter with severe yeast infection. Redness, itching, and she even gets blisters filled with blood. I don't know if this is from itching and these blood filled blisters form or what it is from. She has been using medication for a good week now and it is getting better, but blisters are still forming on and off at times.

Must Read Articles Related to Vaginal Yeast Infections

Candidiasis (Yeast Infection, Candida)
Candidiasis (Yeast Infection) Candidiasis is type of yeast infection, and is the most common type of yeast infection. Areas where candidiasis yeast infection can occur are vaginal, thrush (m...learn more >>
Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment
Understanding Vaginal Yeast Infection Medications Yeast infections are overgrowths of normally growing fungi in the vagina. Overgrowth inflames the vagina and creates discharge, odor, irritation, and/or itching...learn more >>
Vaginal Infections
Vaginal Infections Vaginal infections, or vaginitis, describe the most common medical concerns women have in the area of their reproductive organs. Vaginitis is an inflammation of...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Yeast Infection (Vaginal):

Yeast Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your yeast infection?

Yeast Infection - Home Remedy

Please share your experience with yeast infection home remedies.

Yeast Infection - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a yeast infection?

Find Your Best Self: Discover new ways to live an inspiring life through beauty, diet, and fitness ideas.