Viewer Comments: Yeast Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Yeast Infection (Vaginal):

Yeast Infection - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your yeast infection?

Comment from: maDaph, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I noticed I had a foul-looking discharge and thought it was maybe caused by pantyliners and stopped wearing them but the problem persisted. My doctor then gave me A-POR vaginal cream, metazol and fluconazole capsules and I'm happy to say they've worked!

Comment from: prettyeyez, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

My yeast infection came with a very foul smell and yellow like discharge. I also found myself wanting to urinate a lot. I just started my medication. It's a capsule. I have to take one now and take the other next week.

Comment from: Sure T, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I've noticed a thick milky discharge that after some days turned into milky cottage cheesy looking discharge. It would itch as athletes feet does and upon constant rubbing (which is not recommended) to try and relieve the itching, a burning sensation would soon follow. Along with the burning sensation would come open skin caused by the rubbing. It was very painful when urinating/during intercourse.

Comment from: Belinda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

When I had vaginal candidiasis, I experienced initially, tiny rashes, burning itching, smelling discharge and cracking of vulva. My private part was very painful that I found it difficult to insert tablets when I started treatment.

Comment from: chiedza, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 25

Symptoms of my yeast infection were: thick, white discharge and itching

Must Read Articles Related to Vaginal Yeast Infections

Candidiasis (Yeast Infection, Candida)
Candidiasis (Yeast Infection) Candidiasis is type of yeast infection, and is the most common type of yeast infection. Areas where candidiasis yeast infection can occur are vaginal, thrush (m...learn more >>
Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment
Understanding Vaginal Yeast Infection Medications Yeast infections are overgrowths of normally growing fungi in the vagina. Overgrowth inflames the vagina and creates discharge, odor, irritation, and/or itching...learn more >>
Vaginal Infections
Vaginal Infections Vaginal infections, or vaginitis, describe the most common medical concerns women have in the area of their reproductive organs. Vaginitis is an inflammation of...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Yeast Infection (Vaginal):

Yeast Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your yeast infection?

Yeast Infection - Causes

Did you have a yeast infection? If so, what was the cause?

Yeast Infection - Home Remedy

Please share your experience with yeast infection home remedies.

Yeast Infection - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a yeast infection?