IN THIS ARTICLE
Because the majority of vasculitis conditions are auto-immune (the body's own immune system attacking the blood vessels), there may be no preventive measures.
Some of the types related to infections or allergic reactions may be preventable if the infection is prevented or the allergic agent is avoided.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/2/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Vasculitis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vasculitis:
Vasculitis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with vasculitis.
Vasculitis - Treatment
What was the treatment for your vasculitis?
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication