IN THIS ARTICLE
The medical treatment of vasculitis largely depends on the severity of disease and the organs involved. In general, treatment is directed toward stopping or slowing the inflammatory process going on in the blood vessels. The most common medications used are the steroid-based anti-inflammatory medications (corticosteroids), such as prednisone.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/29/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Vasculitis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vasculitis:
Vasculitis - Treatment
What was the treatment for your vasculitis?
Vasculitis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with vasculitis.
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?