IN THIS ARTICLE
The medical treatment of vasculitis largely depends on the severity of disease and the organs involved. In general, treatment is directed toward stopping or slowing the inflammatory process going on in the blood vessels. The most common medications used are the steroid-based anti-inflammatory medications (corticosteroids), such as prednisone.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/2/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Vasculitis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vasculitis:
Vasculitis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with vasculitis.
Vasculitis - Treatment
What was the treatment for your vasculitis?
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication