Vertigo Self-Care at Home
Home therapy should only be undertaken if you have already been diagnosed with vertigo and are under the supervision of a doctor.
If your doctor approves, there are some natural home remedies that may help relieve the symptoms of your vertigo.
- A modified Epley maneuver is a type of physical therapy often prescribed that involves head and body movements done while sitting on a bed. Traditionally, it is performed in a doctor or physical therapist's office, but it may also be prescribed to do at home. Once a patient has received proper instruction, this maneuver can resolve symptoms within a week for many patients.
- Vitamin D supplementation may be beneficial for patients diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Your doctor can check to see if you have a vitamin D deficiency.
- Herbal remedies such as ginger root, ginkgo biloba, and coriander may help reduce vertigo symptoms in some people.
- Acupuncture may be helpful in resolving symptoms of some types of vertigo.
- Avoid substances that can affect circulation, including caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>
To understand hearing loss it is important to understand how normal hearing takes place. There are 2 different pathways by which sound waves produce the sensati...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo: