Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Comment from: Rina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I'm 44 and I was just diagnosed with vertigo. I had my first episode in the spring for few days. I didn't know what it was, but it went away after couple of days. In early September, it came back. My symptoms are different. The room doesn't spin, but I feel the spinning and pressure dropping in my head.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

It seems that meclizine (Antivert) helps to keep it from starting but once it hits, it is of no benefit. Maintaining hydration seems to help too since my episodes have begun when I was dehydrated. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss To understand hearing loss it is important to understand how normal hearing takes place. There are 2 different pathways by which sound waves produce the sensati...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever tried any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?