Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

Comment from: Cori, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

I am a 35 year old mother. I have 2 sons: Joey is 10 and Chase is 10 months old. My husband was laid off his job as a brick layer. I just had a baby and we could not afford our apartment so we moved in with my husband's father, and his girlfriend of 15 years. A month after we moved in, my husband's sister got kicked out if her house for stealing $800.00 in change to support her Percocet problem. She also has 2 kids; one is 4 and the other one is 8 months old. It's like I live in a zoo now. The other night when the kids were in bed, she was high off her Percocet and decided to use my head as punching bag. She broke my nose, she bruised my ear and I have about 5 lumps in my head the size of baseballs, thank God my husband heard me yelling and came to the rescue and pulled her off of me. When I went to the hospital they only gave me an x-ray of my nose, told me in was broken... Ever since I woke up this morning with a bad headache, double vision, blurred vision, abnormal eye movements, feeling very weak, I was off balance and dizzy. It was hard to carry my 10 months old. Now I am having shaking in my left arm, it comes and goes. I decided to look up my symptoms on the computer and it brought me to the Vertigo page. I am thinking I should go back to the ER I went to and ask them for a CT scan. I tried to call my family doctor and they told me the soonest I could get seen by a doctor would be Thursday afternoon. I can't wait that long. I'm scared....

Comment from: terry, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

Last night at 1am, there was a lightning storm and a lightning strike apparently hit really close to our house and woke me up. IT was so loud and startling that I jumped out of bed and my heart was racing - truly the loudest, most reverberating strike I've witnessed. It must have hit a transformer, because all the lights across the street went out. I went back to sleep but this morning I woke up very dizzy and have had vertigo most of the day.

Comment from: June, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 23

It started out with severe nausea that lasted most of the night. I was feeling better but the next day, I still felt weak. The third night, I was still nauseated and staggering, and I even needed help to get to the bathroom. I finally called my doctor and he advised me to go to the emergency room. They gave me medicine for the nausea and for dizziness and they did a CT scan to rule out the possibility of a stroke. I was finally diagnosed with vertigo. This sickness is similar to motion sickness or sea sickness, but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. They also gave me two prescriptions that I need to get filled.

Comment from: Pam, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I have no definite diagnosis at this time. For over 5 years I have battled vertigo, dizziness, migraines, and actually falling down. First diagnosis was MS. Then that changed to a stroke. Now, an inner ear disorder. My hearing is intact so the ENT doctor could not help me. My neuorologist now believes it is something with the labyrinth. I have tried numerous medications. Now surgery may be in the future with the risk losing my hearing attached to it. Is there anyone with the same frustration over being unable to accurately diagnose the problems?

Comment from: Lisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 31

I get dizzy and sick to stomach and walk like I am drunk. If I bend over it is worse.

Comment from: Falcons67, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

The first episode was 11 days ago,. The world was spinning and I had violent nausea.

Comment from: Kendra, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have been suffering with vertigo for almost 20 years. I woke up one morning as if the ceiling was spinning, and I ran to the bathroom and threw up. It happens to me if I can't get enough sleep. For my body, I need eight hours of sleep. If not, vertigo will attack me.

Comment from: VC, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

This started four days ago: The room seems to spin very fast, and when that happens I get hot flashes and then need to vomit. For 36 hours, I couldn't keep any fluids down. The spinning happens mostly when I move my head at any angle but also when I am sitting still. Watching TV also sets off the spinning.

Comment from: JammyCammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have dizziness and nausea when I lay down and then when I go to get back up! Bending down also causes it!

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss To understand hearing loss it is important to understand how normal hearing takes place. There are 2 different pathways by which sound waves produce the sensati...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever try any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?