Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

Comment from: Pam, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I have no definite diagnosis at this time. For over 5 years I have battled vertigo, dizziness, migraines, and actually falling down. First diagnosis was MS. Then that changed to a stroke. Now, an inner ear disorder. My hearing is intact so the ENT doctor could not help me. My neuorologist now believes it is something with the labyrinth. I have tried numerous medications. Now surgery may be in the future with the risk losing my hearing attached to it. Is there anyone with the same frustration over being unable to accurately diagnose the problems?

Comment from: Louise56, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

I have been suffering with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, my eyes feel strange and heavy.

Comment from: joan, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 20

I have a feeling of dizziness whenever I bend over.

Comment from: Lisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 31

I get dizzy and sick to stomach and walk like I am drunk. If I bend over it is worse.

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery complications, medi...learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include:
  • vasovagal,
  • situational,
  • postural,
  • ...
learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect hearing. Medical treatment depends on the cause, but people ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever tried any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?