Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

...
Comment from: dn, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been experiencing vertigo off on and on for years. Mostly after a chiropractic adjustment, which only makes it worse. Horrible dizziness where I cannot tell which way is up or down. I wake up extremely dizzy with nausea and cannot deal with any motion. Here's where my life totally changed. I went to a wellness center and just mentioned that I had vertigo and the owner told me that I had my C1 and C3 out. I was skeptical, and she suggested I see the massage therapist, where he does not do any sharp movements and no hard popping like a traditional chiropractor. So I went to him and got some relief. But it soon returned. In trying to find a solution to this debilitating feeling of dizziness and nausea I found the most amazing chiropractic office. Certainly I was skeptical. First thing they did was a series of tests; x-rays, strength tests, they put me on two scales, one for my right and left foot, amazingly enough one side weighed 20 lb more! That means I was putting more weight on one side than the other. So after all diagnostic tests were done. I went home. Next appointment, the chiropractor only did very small adjustments to my C1 and C3 which were so maladjusted I'm surprised I can stand at all. The following morning I expected to wake up and feel like I always felt, dizzy, nauseous, etc. Not! I feel so amazing! My C1 and C3 were so far out of adjustment it was causing me all kinds of problems. If you are having issues with vertigo, find a chiropractor that specializes in upper cervical pain or symptoms of vertigo. The chiropractor should do x-rays in order to find the bones that are out of place. I am a new man as a result of finally getting this discovered and corrected, for the first time in 10 years!

Comment from: zafar i., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 18

I feel vertigo as my head is moving and have a feeling like I will have a sudden fall on earth. This has developed for last one month and I am even unable to walk when it gets started, and headache then remains constant. I have nasal congestion and my nose many times remains blocked and I feel that oxygen supply problem may have effect on brain or may be pressure on ear due to this. I am working as a nursing superintendent in a tertiary care hospital.

Comment from: Loleta, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 02

My mom is suffering with vertigo. While in the bathroom she ended up on floor and had no idea how she got there and apparently she continued excreting without knowing, and feces were on floor. She felt nauseated and weak but did not have any other issues.

Comment from: MiMi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

One week ago while driving I noticed the sun was changing shapes and where it was positioned in the sky. Within 5 minutes I had pulled off the road and became extremely ill. I was so dizzy I could not see anything as it was all spinning so fast. I began vomiting and sweating profusely. I left the car running and rolled down the window, it was 25 degrees out, and I could not quit sweating or vomiting. I hit the phone button on my car and called the last person who I had spoken with, who thankfully had been my husband, and he called 911. I spent 7 hours in the emergency room and had tests, but I had vertigo 13 years earlier so I knew what it was. My diagnosis was acute vertigo, shock, loss of consciousness, and dehydration from the sweating and vomiting. I am still home from work and gradually getting better. I am still unable to see small print but can see the things on the walls now. I am still staggering and get nauseated easily. I am taking meclizine and Ativan, previously the Ativan had not been prescribed but it helps a lot. I hope I never have another one of these attacks!

Comment from: Rani, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

I first noticed that I wasn't walking in a straight line and was heading off to the left. This went on for some time. Then I noticed that when I was driving I didn't feel 'grounded'. Eventually I couldn't drive because of the vertigo. Now I can't walk unless I hang on to something. I have had my eye tested, I go to the physiotherapy and chiropractor. This has been going on for over 5 weeks. It is affecting my job and day to day life. Hearing test is next and then a CT scan. It has been good reading of other people's experiences as it doesn't make you feel so alone.

Comment from: JessyeLyn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been suffering with these vertigo episodes for 5 days now. I have never felt anything like this before. In the beginning I thought it was just something quirky my head was doing. After the second day, I realized that there was something else going on. Today being the 5th day, I decided to get to the doctor. I have been diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I have been prescribed meclizine. I am unsure what has caused this. I am 33 years old and have never experienced anything like this in my life. Although I do have chronic inner ear infections. I also was in a car accident 10 months ago that has severally messed my neck up. This is unlike any feeling you will ever know. It is not dizziness and yet it is. I just hope they find a solution to this soon.

...

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery complications, medi...learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include:
  • vasovagal,
  • situational,
  • postural,
  • ...
learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect hearing. Medical treatment depends on the cause, but people ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever tried any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?