Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

...
Comment from: carebear, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

Let me start out by saying I have been diagnosed with a stroke. Ever since I had the stroke my head is just not right. I also have diabetes and this could have been from that. Yesterday I hadn't really eaten all day because my daughter was having surgery, but I was sitting on the couch and I got so dizzy, the room was spinning round and round and even up and down, I thought I was going to pass out. After that I was so sick I threw up and couldn't eat. I am just curious if this is from vertigo or diabetes. I was so scared I never want to go through that again. Guess I will be making a doctor's appointment.

Comment from: Annie T10, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have been experiencing vertigo for almost a week now. It started with heavy nausea and even diarrhea on Christmas Eve 2016. I have not been able to enjoy much of anything. It wasn't till yesterday that I decided to take myself to the emergency room. They gave me Zofran for nausea and Antivert for the vertigo as well as some Ativan. I woke up a little better, but I just feel out of it. Like at any minute I can just fall. I still have heavy nausea and have not been able to eat a full meal. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Comment from: dn, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been experiencing vertigo off on and on for years. Mostly after a chiropractic adjustment, which only makes it worse. Horrible dizziness where I cannot tell which way is up or down. I wake up extremely dizzy with nausea and cannot deal with any motion. Here's where my life totally changed. I went to a wellness center and just mentioned that I had vertigo and the owner told me that I had my C1 and C3 out. I was skeptical, and she suggested I see the massage therapist, where he does not do any sharp movements and no hard popping like a traditional chiropractor. So I went to him and got some relief. But it soon returned. In trying to find a solution to this debilitating feeling of dizziness and nausea I found the most amazing chiropractic office. Certainly I was skeptical. First thing they did was a series of tests; x-rays, strength tests, they put me on two scales, one for my right and left foot, amazingly enough one side weighed 20 lb more! That means I was putting more weight on one side than the other. So after all diagnostic tests were done. I went home. Next appointment, the chiropractor only did very small adjustments to my C1 and C3 which were so maladjusted I'm surprised I can stand at all. The following morning I expected to wake up and feel like I always felt, dizzy, nauseous, etc. Not! I feel so amazing! My C1 and C3 were so far out of adjustment it was causing me all kinds of problems. If you are having issues with vertigo, find a chiropractor that specializes in upper cervical pain or symptoms of vertigo. The chiropractor should do x-rays in order to find the bones that are out of place. I am a new man as a result of finally getting this discovered and corrected, for the first time in 10 years!

Comment from: zafar i., 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 18

I feel vertigo as my head is moving and have a feeling like I will have a sudden fall on earth. This has developed for last one month and I am even unable to walk when it gets started, and headache then remains constant. I have nasal congestion and my nose many times remains blocked and I feel that oxygen supply problem may have effect on brain or may be pressure on ear due to this. I am working as a nursing superintendent in a tertiary care hospital.

Comment from: Loleta, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 02

My mom is suffering with vertigo. While in the bathroom she ended up on floor and had no idea how she got there and apparently she continued excreting without knowing, and feces were on floor. She felt nauseated and weak but did not have any other issues.

Comment from: MiMi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

One week ago while driving I noticed the sun was changing shapes and where it was positioned in the sky. Within 5 minutes I had pulled off the road and became extremely ill. I was so dizzy I could not see anything as it was all spinning so fast. I began vomiting and sweating profusely. I left the car running and rolled down the window, it was 25 degrees out, and I could not quit sweating or vomiting. I hit the phone button on my car and called the last person who I had spoken with, who thankfully had been my husband, and he called 911. I spent 7 hours in the emergency room and had tests, but I had vertigo 13 years earlier so I knew what it was. My diagnosis was acute vertigo, shock, loss of consciousness, and dehydration from the sweating and vomiting. I am still home from work and gradually getting better. I am still unable to see small print but can see the things on the walls now. I am still staggering and get nauseated easily. I am taking meclizine and Ativan, previously the Ativan had not been prescribed but it helps a lot. I hope I never have another one of these attacks!

...

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include:
  • vasovagal,
  • situational,
  • postural,
  • ...
learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever tried any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?