Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Comment from: klflower, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I have had two episodes of Vertigo. The first one lasted for about 3 weeks. The room would spin when I changed my head position, particularly when I was getting out of bed. The second was much more severe, as the room spun violently for two days. When I tried to get up to get water, I passed out on a stone floor and really hurt myself. I have serious neck issues to this day. The good news is that I went to an outstanding doctor. He gave me a steroid shot in my arm and an antihistamine to take every night. It worked like a charm. Please don't suffer needlessly. There is nothing benign about vertigo. Find a doctor who knows what he's doing and don't waste your time with motion sickness pills.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

Mine occured one afternoon sitting down on my office table, i suddenly started feeling dizzy, i felt it was because the room was hot, then i moved to a cooler office and it got worse , the room starting spinning aroung me i i started throwing up. i went to the hospital and all these continued.i was told i had vertigoand a CT scan and ear tested was recommeded and nothing was found in both. i got better the next day and i was discharged from the hospital.i haven't had any episode of it since then, but i recently had a lumber puncture done and i started having tingling sensation all over my body. don't know if this is related to vertigo.

Comment from: Jut, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 28

Dramamine seems to help. I feel like I am going to pass out. It happens after sleeping. I hope this is a help.

Comment from: KayLynn, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

My vertigo first arrived about 15 years ago. Early on there was a time I was sitting on my sofa having a conversation (everything was normal) then all of a sudden it felt like someone flipped the sofa backwards. I sat completely forward in a crouched position to compensate. My "spells" consist of everything moving up and down briskly in waves. I cannot move at all when this happens. In general I have it all the time -- as if I'm watching a bad home movie and the camera man is walking around making the camera jump -- that's what it's like all the time. I'm kind of used to it, to be normal again would be like a dream.

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss To understand hearing loss it is important to understand how normal hearing takes place. There are 2 different pathways by which sound waves produce the sensati...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever try any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?