Viewer Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Comment from: smgrantham, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Thanks for sharing about vertigo. I woke up two days ago and turned on my right side and the room started spinning really fast. It finally eased up enough for me to get up, but continued off and on usually when I moved my head or bent over. I had a virus about a week ago that caused congestion and sinus blockage and fluid in my ears so I'm assuming that's what's causing it. I've had some queasiness, but no vomiting. If it continues, I'll go in to see my doctor. Reading your comments has helped ease my anxiety about this being something really serious.

Comment from: Dee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I was diagnosed 5 days ago. For more than a year I have had the feeling of disorientation. I used to fall often and bump in to things and I could not explain why. I thought I was neurotic for feeling so tired for days on end. This sounds like it could be a permanent problem. I have to see the doctor again in a month's time.

Comment from: luckysam1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

Back in August of 2010, I was rushed to the hospital and the doctors told me it was either vertigo or I was having a mini-stroke. My speech was slurred and I was in and out of being awake or out like a light. Everything was spinning so bad I could not open my eyes and they did give me meds to finally reduce and stop the dizziness. However it took months for the headache to finally go away. All I could do was rest. The remaining effects from this was the left side of my face feels weird as it has a funny sensation to it. Doctors cannot figure that out at all.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

I am 62 and have had vertigo for about 3 years. I woke up suddenly one night with the room spinning. At first if I lay on my right side, then on either side. I have bulging disks in my neck and the doc thought that may be causing it but no real answers. I found that if I put a memory foam pillow on top of a regular pillow and kept my head elevated I was ok. Sometimes when my head slips off the top pillow I wake up with the room spinning.

Comment from: little 10, 65-74 Male Published: April 01

It started two nights ago. When I put my head on the pillow I felt like the room was spinning. When I turn over, it does the same thing only it got better. When I get up, I have to sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes for the movement to stop.

Comment from: juanitam_norman@yaho, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I'm going through it right now and I don't like it at all. I'm on medication right now and its making me feel like I'm spinning around all the time. I have been out of work for two days and had to leave work today. The sun light bothered me and everything on the road looked blurred. I just came back home. Even the TV looks funny to me. What to do when you don't have health care and you have to pay out of pocket.

Must Read Articles Related to Vertigo

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is a common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery complications, medi...learn more >>
Fainting
Fainting Fainting or syncope, is a temporary loss of consciousness. Causes of fainting include vasovagal, situational, postural, cardiac, neurologic, and psychogenic. Tr...learn more >>
Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss Hearing loss can have a variety of causes both physical and neurological. Infection can also affect hearing. Medical treatment depends on the cause, but people ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo:

Vertigo - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vertigo.

Vertigo - Treatment

What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

Vertigo- Exercises

Have you ever tried any exercises to resolve your case of vertigo? Did they help?

Vertigo - Causes

What were the causes of the vertigo you experienced?