Vomiting and Nausea (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Call a health care professional if the nausea is so severe that the affected individual is unable to care of him or herself, or if the vomiting is so bad the person can't keep any liquids down at all for more than 8 hours.
Seek medical attention at a hospital's emergency department if:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/21/2013
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Vomiting and Nausea
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vomiting and Nausea:
Nausea And Vomiting - Cause
What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea And Vomiting - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair