Viewer Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vomiting and Nausea:

Nausea And Vomiting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: teresa, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 14

This has happened 3 times since Jan. First, an emptying of the colon then I become nauseated and then vomiting starts. This has lasted up to 8 hours, constantly. My whole body aches. There is no comfort to be found. I use phenergan to help with the vomiting and until I pass out from the exhaustion. It is so hard on my body, it takes another day to recover. I haven't sought medical treatment because it happens so infrequently but yesterday I almost went to ER.

Comment from: tante, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

I was walking to the mailbox and I was suddenly all over the place and I felt and looked like a drunk. A while later I started to vomit for almost 2 hours, but it was only a dry vomiting. I laid in my car for several hours because I did not feel I could drive. The dizziness lasted several days.

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 30

I fed my husband tilapia which was breaded and fried. He said it wasn't bad. No odor while cooking. Three hours later, he was vomiting profusely. His stomach is cramping and he said he is vomiting yellow bile, his throat feels like something is stuck in it. He said he feels so sick. He is sleeping now. I gave him 7-up and a tagamet. I've heard that burned toast is good for it. But he won't eat anything. Don't buy breaded tilapia anymore. Who knows where it was from.

Must Read Articles Related to Vomiting and Nausea

Anatomy of the Digestive System
Anatomy of the Digestive System Digestion is the process in which food is broken into smaller pieces so the body can use them to build and nourish cells and provide energy. The digestive syste...learn more >>
Brain Cancer
Brain Cancer Brain cancer may develop in primary brain cells, in cells that form other brain components, or from the growth of cancer cells in other parts of the body that h...learn more >>
Bulimia
Bulimia Bulimia is an eating disorder. Someone with bulimia might binge on food and then vomit (also called purge). Treatment usually involves counseling and behavioral...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vomiting and Nausea:

Nausea And Vomiting - Cause

What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?