Viewer Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vomiting and Nausea:

Nausea And Vomiting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: JC, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I am a patient that is just starting to be tested because I feel nausea 10 seconds right after I eat a meal and feel a gagging feeling for about 10 seconds and then the feeling goes away. I sometimes feel some discomfort, but nothing else. I have had an X-ray, an ultrasound, and another test that checks if the gallbladder is giving out the right amount of chemical enzymes from my liver. They all came out good. I also had a blood test that came out good. I am taking a test where I have to drink a liquid and then blow into a plastic bag to check for bacteria. After that test, I am taking an endoscopy next week. I still do not know what is wrong with me.

I'm not in the greatest shape because I have always either gotten a ride or driven everywhere I've gone. I have a fear of buses so I have never ridden one. Two weeks ago I ended up having to start walking to and from work in the AZ heat. I work from 8-5 M-F. I only lived just under four miles from my work, so it was not that bad. Circumstances changed and moved 3 days ago and I moved just under 15miles away. So I got a bike and rode it to work. I was worn out, hot and just miserable, but I survived. On the way home both my front and back brakes started to stick, so it felt like I was riding up hill the whole way home. I ended up breaking my water bottle so I did not have anything to drink and I had nothing to lock my bike up so I did not stop. No one was available for a ride, I decided (hastily), to just get it done and over with. Not five min after I got home I started vomiting, I tried everything to cool down, but did not stop till 2:30am. I was okay by the time I had to go to work again that same morning. I decided I was going to ride the bus, so I packed up my four kids, and walked to the bus stop a mile away. Not even a block into the walk I started shaking and couldn't breathe. I made it to day care and work. Now I started vomiting again and everything I drink only makes me vomit more. I am still at work and do not know what I should do.

Comment from: jean58, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I have 14 bulging discs in my back, 7 on top, and 7 on the bottom. I woke up in the morning with severe pain in my lower back, then suddenly started vomiting for a whole half hour.

Comment from: catfish, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

Twice in the last two months, I have vomited heavily, without any fever, and both times I have a headache, body weakness for about two days and black stools. I was hospitalized two years ago for hypertension and I take blood pressure meds twice a day. This does not feel like a cold or flu, I am also taking narcotics for osteoarthritis for my neck, back, and knees. This vomiting comes fast and hard, then it is gone and I am constipated for the day. I am concerned about these symptoms, I get a flu shot every year and I never get sick.

Comment from: cshea, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 07

I became very ill after taking Vicodin on an empty stomach. I had severe nausea as well as hot flashes and I felt weak as if I would faint.

Comment from: extra pep, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I was at a little league game yesterday and had a hot dog from the snack shack. Soon after, I felt my head spinning (vertigo) and malaise. I walked around thinking that my sugar may have gone up (I'm a diabetic) and to exercise and bring my sugar level down. I had dinner at home without problems. At about 4am I woke up because I had vertigo, and got up to check my sugar, which was 133. I had a piece of bread and as I was going back to sleep, I had nausea and vomiting. I went back to bed and got up at 11am again with nausea and vomiting, this time only yellow bile fluid. I still feel malaise and some nausea some 24 hrs after hot dog.

Comment from: thelyoness57, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

I have started getting frequent headaches. I don't know what a migraine feels like, but the other night was almost unbearable. My insurance has denied a CT scan. I wake up and I'm vomiting masses of mucus. It is so upsetting in the mornings. It's almost 1 pm pacific time and I am barely able to start taking a couple of sips of broth. I am so weak and tired and this is really going to start affecting my performance at work. It fades away by late afternoons. This is almost every morning. I wonder why this is. I should just pay out of pocket for a CT scan. It would be worth it to know what's wrong.

Sometimes, I become nauseated for no reason. I'll be sitting down, or making food and I will feel like I need to vomit.

Must Read Articles Related to Vomiting and Nausea

Anatomy of the Digestive System
Anatomy of the Digestive System Digestion is the process in which food is broken into smaller pieces so the body can use them to build and nourish cells and provide energy. The digestive syste...learn more >>
Brain Cancer
Brain Cancer Brain cancer may develop in primary brain cells, in cells that form other brain components, or from the growth of cancer cells in other parts of the body that h...learn more >>
Bulimia
Bulimia Bulimia is an eating disorder. Someone with bulimia might binge on food and then vomit (also called purge). Treatment usually involves counseling and behavioral...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vomiting and Nausea:

Nausea And Vomiting - Cause

What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?