Prevention is the most effective way to avoid whiplash.
- Always using seatbelts and drive motor vehicles with airbags. Proper adjustment of
the car seat headrest can
also help keep the neck from snapping backwards.
- Always use the proper safety equipment when participating in
- Follow amusement park or carnival safety instructions on high-velocity
rides, such as roller coasters.
- Report suspected child abuse to authorities.
- Monitor children's activities to prevent falls or serious injuries.
Must Read Articles Related to Whiplash
Muscle strain or muscle pull or even a muscle tear implies damage to a muscle or its attaching tendons. Symptoms and signs include swelling, bruising, pain, and...learn more >>
The portion of the spine contained within the neck is referred to as the cervical spine. That's the site for injuries known as neck strain. Symptoms include pai...learn more >>
Wilderness: Neck and Back Injuries
Trauma to the neck and back can lead to spinal cord injury and permanent disability. If trauma occurs, the neck and back should be splinted and movement should ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash: